First visit to AB-AC 28-3-15

Any fishing related issues not covered by other categories.

Moderator: Azz25

Johnpike
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

First visit to AB-AC 28-3-15

Postby Johnpike » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:26 pm

Received our Membership Packs today.
We had a drive out to some of the club venues visiting ABL , ABR & WB.
ABL looks a very nice lake and the stoney track to the lake is in great condition.

We had a good walk along the banks though there was a strong wind blowing.We noticed that a lot of the Platforms around the lake are un-safe and not usable and some of the north bank is well overgrown and you can't get to quite a few of the pegs on that bank. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 225&type=1

Other than this it looks a very good water just in need of peg repairs. Lots of Ducks at the Lake so Surface fishing would be out of the question here Today if we were fishing.

We then had a walk down to the Avon and along the river bank some of the pegs the platforms are in need of repair in the first two fields but field three most pegs are OK and very fish-able down to the old hut. We did not continue past the hut. Looks very good water for some Barbel,Chub & Pike. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 225&type=1

Then we headed off to find Cann Lane Pool but after driving around a bit could not find how you get to it? Think We will have to have a look for the pool another day. :oops:

So we decided to travel on to Wood Bevington. After getting a bit lost we eventually found the right road to the Lake. We arrived at Wood Bevington Lake and the lake has some very good pegs to fish most of them in excellent condition. We also noticed that there are ropes with CDs hanging across the lake and loads of Scare Crows round the Lake!!
It looks like Scare crows Disco Lol :D https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 225&type=1
Well at least it must keep the Birds at bay as we did not see any around the Lake. :wink: Looks very good for a spot of float fishing! I think we will give Wood Bev a try next time we go. regards John & Tracey.
Like a Pike I hunt down those Specimen Fish.

Azz25
Website Admin
Website Admin

Postby Azz25 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi John,

The track down to Abotts Salford lake was recently done by the farmer, it's a shame he hasn't done down the lake itself as well.

99% of the platforms are unsafe, the club is aware of this but unfortunately nothing has been done yet. Some of the platforms on the river side have been removed already.

The ducks are always on the lake so get used to them. There are probably half the amount there usually is at the moment.

Both the lake and river are hard, don't expect to catch on every visit. It can be worth the effort though.

Wood Bev is where the club has been putting all it's money recently with new pegs and stockings. Personally I don't understand why when other venues need attention and WB isn't the best of venues (so I am told).

For a good days fishing you want to get yourself down to Bradley Green. Place is full of carp, average seems to be about 6lb but some goto just under double figures. Good fun in the summer.

Aaron

Johnpike
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Johnpike » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi Arron,
The track to Abotts Salford is better than alot of tracks on BAA waters even the rough track along the lake and down to the river are better than some Ive seen. Would be great if the Farmer had continued the track along the lake and river. Ha ho I suppose we can't have everything though lol :)

Yep! them Platforms need to be scrapped they are well un-safe I hope the club sorts them out before someone has an Accident :roll: The North bank needs clearing of the brambles too. :( So there is more Pegs to Access.

Other than that I think this Venue is a Cracking looking Lake and can't wait to find time to wet a line there. Ducks better than Swans any day as long as there not the Diving type lol :P

Don't Mind hard venues used to fish Whites a lot was like fishing an open Sea some times that venue :shock:
I have heard there are some nice Tench & Bream in ABL so hopefully beat my PBs on them here & my wife loves Tench fishing so hopefully she will also beat her PB.

Defo Pref the Avon to the Severn much easier fishing than the Mighty Severn for especially for Specimen Pike thought there not as big most I've had lower down stream on the Avon have been no bigger than 16lb.

Hope to get some of the Big Chub & Barbel which is a bit harder, thought I have had more luck on the Avon than the Severn for Specimen Barbel & chub.

Had my best just upstream at Bidford 12lb12oz Barbel & Chub to 5lb. Hopefully just a little lower than Bidford Might get a Bigger one :lol: Here's hoping :roll:

BG Sounds good Will have to try there some time for some Good summer Carping fun! Will try that some time soon Aaron thanks for the Advice :wink:

WB looks good for float fishing Tactics I have heard there's some Good Lids in there but won't tell the mrs as she can't stand the smell of e'm lol :lol: :lol: She likes the look of this pool & is hoping for Tench & Crucians from there. Thinks that's most likely the venue we will try first. :wink:
Perhaps the club has more investments in the venue, easier to maintain maybe that's why the spend more on WB.
Like a Pike I hunt down those Specimen Fish.

Return to “Coarse Fishing”