The Angling Trust - Individual membership

Whether its regarding bank clearing, work parties or just suggestions for the good and benefit of the club, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: Azz25

Are you a member of the Angling Trust?

Yes I am a member
44%
No I am not a member
56%

Total votes: 9

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

The Angling Trust - Individual membership

Postby Stu » Wed May 25, 2011 12:25 pm

I was wondering how many of our members know about the Angling Trust and how many have actually joined.

I have put another thread on the board about why I feel that ABAC should join as a club member, but individuals should also join. The Trust is our representative body who fight for our rights and protect our waterways. It is they who will take action against polluters or fight government policies that would adversely affect anging, such as the hydropower plants on the Avon, the impact cormorants have had on fisheries, or the spread of invasive species. If the Trust had a million members, government and other bodies (such as the RSPB) would have to take notice.

The joining fee is currently £25 per year (22 years and over), £10 (18>21 years) free (under 18s). The joining fee may seem like a lot of money on top of your annual rod licence(s) and club membership, but you do get additional benefits (on top of the action against polluters, Govt etc) from joining, these include;

> Eligibility to fish Angling Trust organsied matches, such as the Nationals and Fishomania - the Angling Trust this year managed to increased the prize fund for Fishomania.

> Up to 20% discount on tackle online.

> Discounts on various other angling goods, such as Online Fishing.TV, V2V DvDs, books and online magazines.

> Members only draws.

> Fish for Free loyalty scheme - where you collect points on your normal debit/credit card on high street purchases which you can redeem for discounts on tackle, clothing etc.

> Free public liability insurance.

The Angling Trust also trains angling coaches through the Angling Development Board.

More info about the Trust can be found at http://www.anglingtrust.net/default.asp

For those who are not members of the Angling Trust, I would be interested to know what would change their mind and make them want to join the Trust. Whether that is additional benefits or something else.

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Postby Stu » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Come on guys!!!! This thread has....

been read 58 times - of which 3 or 4 will be mine

had 3 poll entries - of which 1 is mine

and no comments at all???? :shock:

Has someone dished out apathy tablets all round??? Or do none of you care whether we have a strong representative body that will look after our many interests???

Even if you disagree with the Trust, what it does, how much it costs to join, it would be interesting to hear why.

Thank you,

nick12
New forum member
New forum member

Postby nick12 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:37 pm

good speech last night about the trust im thinking of joining :)

rogerb
Chairman
Chairman

Angling Trust

Postby rogerb » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi Everyone and Stuart.
I consider Angling Trust to be very worthwhile of joining especially for the benefits as Stuart has stated. So the only one organisation today to fight the anglers corner at all levels has to be worthy of joining and the support individuals and clubs can get from being a member.
Yes it is a bit expensive but nothing is cheap today so please give the Trust your support as in the long term we as anglers can only benefit otherwise we will all suffer and angling will be in decline.
Many thanks to Stuart for the support given at the AGM from Angling Trust and David Hall Publishing for the excellent tackle donated to the club.
All members who attended the AGM have never seen so much tackle before in a raffle and Auction going away with so many bargains.
I joined last year to offer my support.
Thanks Stuart.
Roger Burton Chairman

Return to “Club Related”