Platforms ASL.

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went.
IMPORTANT!!!
NO FISHING Allowed on this pool between September 1st and February 1st inclusive.

Moderator: Azz25

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Platforms ASL.

Postby hurricane » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:19 pm

Due to the unsafe nature of the Platforms at Abbots Salford lake it has been decided to remove the remaining ones.
The platforms were installed to aid anglers fishing through the original reed lined banks, this is no longer the case and platforms are no loner required.
This work has been scheduled over 2 dates.
The first will be Mon 25th April starting at app 5.30pm.
The second will be Saturday 14th May starting at 10.00am app.
These dates have been arranged to enable members to come along and help ,outside "normal" work hours.
We often hear the excuse"would love to help but its during work hours".
So for all the people who have said they WOULD help now is your chance.
Anyone who can spare ANY time will be more than welcome and the more who attend the better the result.
Tea ,coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Until this work is complete the committee recomed members do NOT use any platforms even if they look ok.
Hope to see plenty of you on these work parties.
Regards Peter.
Last edited by hurricane on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:50 am

Don't forget Monday 25th,even if you can only manage an hour,every bit helps.

Azz25
Website Admin
Website Admin

Postby Azz25 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:32 pm

I can't come, I am getting my hair done :)

ndh1982
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby ndh1982 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:29 am

I've gotta say I think it's a bit unfair to hold a work party on a Saturday especially one that involves something as noisy and disturbing as removing platforms,I'm not looking for an argument here but are the regular anglers not loosing enough good fishing now with the new close season?
Why ruin a Weekends fishing for them,seems unfair to me.
Surely it would be better done on a quiet week day where no one has there fishing disturbed.
I also think if you hold out for the lighter nights and do these things at a later time like 6:30 you might get better turnouts as people usually work 9 to 5...
It's common sense really..
I'm not even a member

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:08 am

:?: You can"t have it both ways...I quote!

You have scheduled the bank clearing for Thursday 31st of March at 10am and your complaining about the turn outs that you get...I'm sorry but most people are at work,what do you expect..

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:06 am

Very sorry guys no tea and biscuits as I am unable to walk or drive,so cant make tonight but will make amends on the 14th with burgers and hot dogs..
Regards Peter. :evil:

Azz25
Website Admin
Website Admin

Postby Azz25 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:42 pm

Most of the platforms are gone on the far bank now, just a few left for next time.

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:58 am

A big thank you to the 4 members who did all the work last night.
Bailiffs Paul Burton and Dave (bazz) Barry along with members Aaron Newitt and Bob Evans.

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Wed May 11, 2016 2:06 pm

The plan is to remove the remainder of the platforms on Saturday 14/05/16 and to perhaps undertake a few bankside maintenance duties if time and numbers of helpers permits.
We are expecting to start around 10.00 am and finish as and when.
It would be helpful if any members who intend to come along and help could let us know via this thread or on our FB page.
Hope to see some of you there on Saturday,refreshments will be supplied.
Regards Peter.

dougie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

platforms

Postby dougie » Thu May 12, 2016 12:00 pm

Please note that i will be fishing overnight on the 13th. It would be appreciated if the work party went else where on the 14th. We have lost enough time out of the ASL calendar without giving up another weekend. As someone has already said - " why not make it of an evening during the lighter nights". Some of us are restricted to fishing weekends only!!

:twisted:

Oh and I had 3 twenties last night on a float and luncheon meat under the trees on the bank opposite the track. Not bad in 2 hours LOL. :lol:

Azz25
Website Admin
Website Admin

Re: platforms

Postby Azz25 » Thu May 12, 2016 3:00 pm

dougie wrote:Please note that i will be fishing overnight on the 13th. It would be appreciated if the work party went else where on the 14th. We have lost enough time out of the ASL calendar without giving up another weekend. As someone has already said - " why not make it of an evening during the lighter nights". Some of us are restricted to fishing weekends only!!

:twisted:

Oh and I had 3 twenties last night on a float and luncheon meat under the trees on the bank opposite the track. Not bad in 2 hours LOL. :lol:

Please note I will be in the lake removing platforms on the 14th, I will make sure I make as much disturbance in your swim as I can. You can use the best luncheon meat in the world it won't work. :D

Seriously, the platforms have needed to be removed for years, the last one was in the evening and only 4 people turned up. If more had turned up this one on Sat wouldn't be needed.

dougie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

platforms

Postby dougie » Thu May 12, 2016 4:28 pm

If I were 10 years younger not suffering spinal stenosis I would pop down and pull them out myself. Have Adam and Nick been to help or is that top secret information. Lol, pmsl. I heard a fellow member found one of them with a wet net and was assassinated before he could reach the car park. Lol
Where is my luncheon meat??

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Sun May 15, 2016 10:05 am

Yesterday at ASL went really well,with all the platforms removed from the riverside bank and the vast majority from the roadside bank.
Many of the swims have been tidied up and some enlarged for better access.
A big thank you to Adam Cooke and Nick Mantle who fished the night before and stayed to give a hand, Tom Manders,David Barry and Aaron Newitt who did the "in the water" work and not forgetting Mak Dodd who gave a hand during the day and stayed for an overnighter,taking 2 doubles during the night.(so the disruption was not the kiss of death.
A big thank you guys.
Regards Peter.

Return to “Abbots Salford”