Ducks!!

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went.
IMPORTANT!!!
NO FISHING Allowed on this pool between September 1st and February 1st inclusive.

Moderator: Azz25

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Ducks!!

Postby Cyprio » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Had a look down abbots lake other day and could not believe how many ducks have been put on this year, its like duck city!! Lets hope they mannage to shoot more of them this season!
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

Diwrnach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Diwrnach » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:20 pm

Yeah I did a day on their 1-2 weeks ago and its crazy.

The banks are suffering for it.

Would imagine it will make catching the carp more difficult as well as they are going to be getting a hell of alot of duck food shit into the lake for them to nosh on.

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:34 pm

They do make a mess of the banks, and i think it was them that killed all the lush reeds around the margins, you used to have to walk a path through them to get to waters edge at one time, shame. Ive never found the fishing suffers though, we have had similiar ammounts on there before, they just make such a racket at times, i hate ducks now as a result , vermin!!

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:49 pm

Cyprio wrote:i hate ducks now as a result , vermin!!

And Bream
I love my job it pays for my fishing

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:37 am

Yeah ha ha, and the bream mate, almost as much as the ducks. Lasers dont work on bream so well ive found, bummer!!! :-D

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:52 pm

On the way to the vale down the A46 bypass i could see they were having a shoot down on the lake, after the ducks i suppose. Lets just hope they took a couple of gatling guns and a howitzer , just to make sure they got every last one of the feathery quacking vermin critters, very much doubt it though! :@

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby geoff » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:15 pm

Cyprio wrote:just to make sure they got every last one of the feathery quacking vermin critters, very much doubt it though!

I'm with you mate, :D the only ducks I love are on a plate or keeping me warm in my duvet :!: :D
I'd rather be fishing!

rob
Forum member
Forum member

duks

Postby rob » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:10 pm

ducks.
i was fishing a/s last oct 2009 and they pushed the ducks over the guns about 200 to 300 went over the guns I ONLY SAW 15 COME DOWN leaving about 200 on the lake that would not or could not fly ( they are not the best of flyers on a/s i think most of them will die of old age ). :D :D ducks are also not the most dificult of targets iether. :D :D they certainly wont starve to death though with the amount of wheat laying around .(i bet they eat well though. :twisted: :twisted: :D

regards rob.
a famouse golfer once said (the more i practice the luckier i get ) :D
rob

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Re: duks

Postby geoff » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:53 pm

rob wrote: :D :D they certainly wont starve to death though with the amount of wheat laying around .(i bet they eat well though. :twisted: :twisted: :D :D

What concerns me is water quality :!: All that duck s..t going in the water, :( can’t be improving the heath of Elvis and his followers. :(
ALS certainly isn’t the place to be biting of your knot tag ends :!: :evil:
I'd rather be fishing!

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:12 am

I know from past years that when they shoot for the ducks they never kill many, you dont really notice a difference.
Im not convinced that the fish are affected too much from the duck shit, i think the biggest problem is the enviroment around them, i.e. the banks and all the loose feed that attracts the rats. I think you have to be very carefull as regards to handling food and so forth with all the duck shite about, not good for your health! :-)

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby geoff » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:59 am

Cyprio wrote:I know from past years that when they shoot for the ducks they never kill many, you dont really notice a difference.

If the guns don’t seem able to reduce the our feathery friends, :( lets hope the local fox’s get hungry this winter. :D
I'd rather be fishing!

rob
Forum member
Forum member

ducks

Postby rob » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:22 pm

hi with the amount of ducks that you see 0n the lake in say april, you would have thought that there was no need to put anymore on would you but that is what the guys who run the shooting want according to the keeper (and he realy cant argue with his boss can he ) i think the ducks are there to stay.with regard to water quality the only saving grace is the flow of water from the other lake which is spring fed but given a realy dry summer then you could see a danger to the fish ,,but we dont get to many of them do we.. :?: :?:
regards rob.
a famouse golfer ance said (the more i practice the luckier i get ) :D :D
rob

Return to “Abbots Salford”