fishing line

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went.
IMPORTANT!!!
NO FISHING Allowed on this pool between September 1st and February 1st inclusive.

Moderator: Azz25

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:41 pm

I think the esp olive carp mono is nearest i have found that ticks all the boxes, casts well, sinks well, good abrasion resistance, and a reasonable diameter for breaking strain, my only niggle is its a bit wirey, but i think this gives it lower stretch.
One line i would not advise people to try is krystonite by kryston, its shit. Very low knot strength and when you clip up and cast a few times it makes nicks in the line , no matter how line friendly the clip, not good.
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Re: what line,s

Postby geoff » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:43 pm

rob wrote:i tend to use the clutch instead of backwinding (when i was match fishing i would wind the clutch up tight and use the backwind and i didnt seem to get twist then ).

geoff if you read this i think i still have some power carp if i have you can put some on a rel and try it or borrow one off my reels and try that?let me know. :D :D

Hi Rob, That's interesting, I've had the same thoughts about backwind vs clutch :!:

Thanks for the offer, :D I'm content with my line for the moment, but am intending to change in the Spring, so I may take you up on it then.

Just a light hearted thought, all this twisting may be have something to do with catching Elvis too often :!: :D :D :D
I'd rather be fishing!

sailfish

Postby sailfish » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:22 pm

Shimano Technium Tournament. Its the dogs b******* Expensive but if you want the best, as Wardy always says, 'its only money' :shock:

rob
Forum member
Forum member

what line

Postby rob » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:42 pm

hi sailfish,
i havent tried that one yet but the guys at eric,s angling tell me they have been trying out a new version of technium and it is to be released soon,,allthough they say it will be pricey but if you dont have to change it too often ,,then its swing,s and rounabouts. :?: ps they said it performed well. :D

regards rob :D :D

a famouse golfer once said (the more i practice the luckier i get ) :D :P
rob

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby geoff » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:45 pm

sailfish wrote:Shimano Technium Tournament. Its the dogs b******* Expensive but if you want the best, as Wardy always says, 'its only money' :shock:

At £35 a pair your dog has expensive equipment, :shock: but if it's that good, its only the cost 4 bags of boilies :!: :D :D
I'd rather be fishing!

drynet
New forum member
New forum member

Postby drynet » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Has Wardy won the lottery? and changed that pop up then?

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:39 pm

Wardys best quote that. . . . . . . .its only money!! :-D
I will never forget the one weekend i was packed up ready to go and went to see choc and wardy before i left. Upon leaving wardy asked me if i could try and get the carp feeding on top down the car park end, i said no probs but ive got no floaters, wardy reaches into his bait bag and hands me 5 mixers, believe me, that says it all!
Gonna try technium out nxt year on me other reels, been looking at it on shimano website, gets good reviews!
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

Return to “Abbots Salford”