Ice and ducks and hardy anglers

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went.
IMPORTANT!!!
NO FISHING Allowed on this pool between September 1st and February 1st inclusive.

Moderator: Azz25

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Ice and ducks and hardy anglers

Postby geoff » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:48 pm

I followed Rob’s example today and went for a walk around Abbots Salford. :)

The lake was completely frozen except for about a third of an acre on the car park side of the island. This was occupied by the dreaded ducks :!: :evil:
The river looked absolutely brilliant, if you could ignore the cold, there were a couple of hardy guys just setting up, if your out there Id be interested to know how you got on. :D
I'd rather be fishing!

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:04 pm

I take it the duck population has not been thinned out as much as we would have hoped. They never seem to shoot that many allowing the remainder to add to the next lot they put on there , the least the little quacking f*****s could do for us is keep the whole of the lake ice free , instead they tease us by just keeping a random piece of water ice free slap bang in the middle of the lake which is of no use anyway!!! :evil:

I was planning on putting a bit of time in on there this winter just to see what happens but it looks like that plan has gone to the dogs for now , lets just hope we get a decent gap in the weather soon so we can all get our fix!!! :) :)
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby geoff » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Cyprio wrote:I take it the duck population has not been thinned out as much as we would have hoped.
I was planning on putting a bit of time in on there this winter just to see what happens but it looks like that plan has gone to the dogs for now , lets just hope we get a decent gap in the weather soon so we can all get our fix!!! :) :)

No the ducks are as healthy and noisey as ever. :evil:

The weather forecast does look pretty grim temperature wise for the next ten days, :( not much chance of the ice melting till at least Christmas. :(

I wonder if Rob is thinking of rolling any Christmas Pud pop up's, for the festive season :!: :D :D
I'd rather be fishing!

richcherr
Forum member
Forum member

Postby richcherr » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:32 am

i actually kept the left over xmas pudding last year thinking i could fish with it, its still in the freezer somewhere.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:22 pm

geoff wrote:
Cyprio wrote:I take it the duck population has not been thinned out as much as we would have hoped.

No the ducks are as healthy and noisey as ever. :evil:

The weather forecast does look pretty grim temperature wise for the next ten days, :( not much chance of the ice melting till at least Christmas. :(

I wonder if Rob is thinking of rolling any Christmas Pud pop up's, for the festive season :!: :D :D

More like christmas duds :lol: :lol:

I have got some of my own xmas crackers to use at some point in the distant future , i ordered 10kgs especially for over the winter , i think i may have been a bit optomistic!! When i placed my order and told them what i wanted he said they were having a bit of trouble getting the eggs off there supplier due to the snow , he asked me if i was in any hurry , ha ha , what!! , no hurry i said , take as much time as you like , i could of hatched my own chickens and sent them the eggs they needed by the time i get to use my bait!!!! :( :(

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby geoff » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Cyprio wrote: I have got some of my own xmas crackers to use at some point in the distant future :( :(

I notice that a few of you guys order your own special receipt bait.

Is it very expensive, are there minimum order quantities and what advantage do you think you get by doing this :?:
I'd rather be fishing!

rob
Forum member
Forum member

popups

Postby rob » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:44 pm

hi geoff.
as i said before give the bait and feed co.. a ring and ask to speak to david,, you can buy brand name boilies at winter rate,s or you could look at the ccmoore,s web/ they will make bait for you to your own recipe if you have got one that is,if you ring ask to talk to neil and he will help you i think min/order for cc moore is 5 kilo. and no i havent made any out of xmas pud ,,,but you would be better looking at the stuffing for that .... :lol: :lol:

regars rob.. :D :D
rob

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi Geoff ,

Its well worth thinking about buying your boilies this way , and its worth looking at places other than the bait and feed co or cc moore , there are loads of other bait firms out there that will either roll a bait to your own spec or or reccomend one of there own baits , and believe me , in my experience some of these baits are much better quality than you get from some of the big boys. The more you order the cheaper it gets, worth thinking about mate. :D :D

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby geoff » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Thanks guys, I may try that next spring. :D

At the moment I'm thinking of ordering an Eskimo's fishing kit online, which includes an ice saw :D :D :!:
I'd rather be fishing!

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:08 pm

It would be more use than conventional tackle at the moment , im gonna get my mate at work to make me a big pointed steel plate for the front of my bait boat to turn it into an ice breaker , i reckon i could sell a few of those!!! :D :D

Return to “Abbots Salford”