Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went

Moderator: Azz25

Johnpike
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Fishing July Alvechurch

Postby Johnpike » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi Guys,

Hoping make a special trip up to fish Alevchurch for the first time this month, staying at a nearby hotel the day before I going to venue. Can anyone give me any tips on fishing at the waters i.e. best baits, pegs etc. I will be fishing with a float rod & not sure which lake I will fish at the venue yet will depend on the day. So can you give me info on tactics for both thank you. :D
Like a Pike I hunt down those Specimen Fish.

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:19 pm

John, the pool by the car park responds to most methods and baits, Method feeder to the island , pole or waggler and the margins can be awesome when there is little disturbance, pellet,meat, corn and bread will all catch fish,maggot works very well but tiny perch can cause problems.
The other pool I have not fished a great deal so cant realy help.
Let us know when your going and I may pop over for a visit. 8)
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

Johnpike
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Johnpike » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:45 pm

hurricane wrote:John, the pool by the car park responds to most methods and baits, Method feeder to the island , pole or waggler and the margins can be awesome when there is little disturbance, pellet,meat, corn and bread will all catch fish,maggot works very well but tiny perch can cause problems.
The other pool I have not fished a great deal so cant realy help.
Let us know when your going and I may pop over for a visit. 8)

Hi Peter,
Thanks For the reply on my post asking about tips on fishing Alevchurch :)
Most Likely Take some Pellets, Corn, Meat & Bread with me then, as you suggested & fish the Margins.

Thanks for the help. :D

Johnpike
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Fished Alvechurch 2

Postby Johnpike » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:16 pm

Went to Alvechurch today and We fished the Specimen Lake. It was raining at the lake when we arrived at the pools. The Lake is well over grown but we managed to get to the first two pegs on the lake through the long grass & nettles. We fished the second peg on the south bank as it was Just enough room for the two of us.There were many carp topping around Alvechurch 2. We fished pellets & Corn at the pool. The Weather brightend up for a short wile when we started to get bites.
John had two runs but both times the fish dropped the bait. around 4pm John had his First Alvechurch 2 Mirror Carp at 9lb6oz on Corn over PVA pellets in the Margins. Around 4.20pm Tracey had her first Alvechurch 2 Mirror Carp of 6lb10oz on Pellet over pva pellets in the Margins. After these two carp the rain started to get heavy so we decided to pack up.First time we fished the lake and like the look of the place :-) path way round pool well over grown hard to get to pegs with your kit though. Worth the cast as full of Carp but they are not easy to catch. The 9lb6oz I caught tried to snag me with sunken branches as I also pulled in a massive branch that the fish had gone around a few times trying to snag me. Definitely thought I would loose the fish but my Prologic cammo line held out. :-D also seen a grass snake swim across to the island.

Azz25
Website Admin
Website Admin

Postby Azz25 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:37 am

Didn't know there was a specimen lake at Alvechurch :D

Your 2 dropped runs could have been rudd as Alv 2 is full of them.

Return to “Alvechurch Pools”