Carping on alvechurch

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went

Moderator: Azz25

Carpincon
New forum member
New forum member

Carping on alvechurch

Postby Carpincon » Fri May 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Hello any tips for specimen type fishing on alvechurch for carp whats it like is there many are the margins good and what baits seem to work well?

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Postby Stu » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Hello Carpincon,

You've probably been and found out the answers yourself, seeing as you posted your question months ago. However, if it helps.....

Alve 1 - no point specimen fishing it at all. The lake is stuffed with small carp (lots up to 4/5lb and a few up to 10lb) and silvers. If silvers are not your thing, then fish a small method feeder towards the island with corn/pellet/mini boilie bait. You will catch all day.

Alve 2 - this lake has potential to be a small speci water, but it is not there yet. This lake is much harder to fish and has a lower number of carp, hence the clearer water. A few of the carp go over doubles here, but most are singles around a few pounds. I have personnally witnessed them to 12lb, and have heard rumours of a mid double. From personal experience, this water does not respond to big baits (other than flake), so small baits down the margin are best. Remember this is also a one rod water.

If you are looking for specimen carp, I would suggest you try Abbots Salford, Skilts (both allow 2 rods), the Avon (i'm not joking), Bradley Green in winter (if you can feed off the hundreds of smaller carp) or even the unknown that is Cann Lane.

Stu

Carpincon
New forum member
New forum member

Postby Carpincon » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi Stuart thanks for your reply I have now found out stock of alve 2 catching most the bigguns in there abbots I have fished on and off and still yet to succeed I plan Bradley green for winter time cann lane can you tell me more

dougie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

alv 2

Postby dougie » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:53 pm

On Alvechurch 2, fish to the island at the car park end. 1.5 ounce lead with a red boilie, size 10 hook and expect carp between 6 and 12lb.
Not a very challenging water, great fun though. :lol:

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Postby Stu » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:55 am

Carpincon,

Cann Lane is a small mixed fishery on a farm. It has an old fashioned charm about it, in that it is surrounded by trees and very natural, with penty of features and snags. It is not the easiest of waters and is defintely not a manicured match style pool. The stocking is a bit of an unknown. There are plenty of small roach, rudd and perch, a few skimmers (not heard of any big bream) and some carp (commons and mirros), which do go to double figures. Whether they go any bigger, who knows. I wouldnt be surprised if there were tench in there, plus some big eels and perch. I generally fish it for mixed species, enjoying not knowing what is coming next, and have had a few long and lean commons around 6lb. They fight like demons on float tackle.

Pete, the ASL bailiff, has fished it purposely for the carp on stalking tackle and had fish to around double figures. So he might be able to point you in the right direction for when it warms up next year.

Return to “Alvechurch Pools”