Fishing after dark.

Posts related to fishing the river Avon at this venue

Moderator: Azz25

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fishing after dark.

Postby hurricane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:27 pm

It has been reported that some anglers are fishing this venue after dark,the only anglers allowed to fish after dark are those in possession of a night permit,there is no longer a waiting list for these and are obtainable through the membership secretary.
Action will be taken against anyone breaking the after dark rule on this and any other of our venues.
Regards Peter.
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Re: Fishing after dark.

Postby Cyprio » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Yeah , have noticed cars coming up from the river long after dark has fallen whilst ive been fishing the lake , you would like to think they have night permits but........ :roll:
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:46 pm

Yes Adam its always a quandary but I can confirm 2 new members with night tickets do not often fish all night exactly the same as our previous treasurer who would fish a couple of hours into dark but rarely any longer.
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Postby Stu » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:27 am

Evening all,
It's not me (as I have moved to Devon now), but Pete is spot on that I was often seen driving out well into the dark hours after a summer session for those barbel - never fished a whole night, but always had a night ticket. Maybe others are doing the same, but they should have night permits if fishing after dark.

Could be worth a check, as with the nights drawing in some people may be tempted to stay late especially if the river is clear during daylight hours.

Cheers,
Stu

Return to “Abbots Salford River”